STANDING ELBOW CURLS
- Stand with your back against a wall, feet parallel and hip-width apart, making sure that your heels, buttocks, upper back and the back of your head all touch the wall and remain there throughout the exercise.
- With your hands in loose fists and your thumbs extended downward, place the knuckles of both hands against your temples.
- Spread your elbows out as wide as you can, touching the wall if possible. This is your starting position.
- Keeping your knuckles near your temples, squeeze your elbows toward one another in front of you, touching them if possible.
- Reverse the movement, spreading your elbows wide again, and touching the wall if you can. That’s one rep.
Reps: 25 Coaching Points: Keep your elbows at shoulder height throughout; don’t let them drop toward the floor. Purpose: Teaches proper alignment of ankles, hips and spine while the upper back flexes and extends; mobilizes upper spine.