People with FS usually experience daily pain, and due to this pain they do not like to take part in physical activity. With this mind set, they are actually decreasing their quality of life.
5 Things To Help With Fibromyalgia
- Severely deconditioned individuals may need to start with 2-3 minutes workouts daily to from escalating post-exertion and fatigue.
- Static stretching is ideal for FS, best times are waking up in the morning, before going to bed, and periodically throughout the day.
- People with FS should not workout for more than 20-30, and can gradually build up to 30-40 workouts.
- Best workouts for FS are: Low to no impact movements, light weights, resistance bands and aquatics.
- When lifting, repetitions should stay around 8-12. Repetitive movements can cause more pain.
It is important to do exercises that build and maintain good posture. When working out keep good form, to insure quality of life and to be able to do daily activities minimal to no pain.
To talk to trainer or schedule an appointment click box below.